Friday, January 17, 2014

Day #15 & #14 summary

Jan 17th - down a pound. I see a trend developing here! Woke up at 4:45 today. Jeeze! I hope THIS trend doesn't continue!

Breakfast was smoothie & millet porridge. Lunch was super yummy! The Nutritional yeast was mostly overpowered by the other flavors (like paprika) but it added some vitamins and protein so well worth adding regardless.

Dinner was the last of the wild rice soup and more smoothie. I had the muchies, craving popcorn, so came up with a crazy idea; why not break cauliflower into popcorn sized pieces, steam them, then sprinkle with Nutritional yeast? I was sure I could trick myself into thinking it was cheddar popcorn! Honestly, it wasn't bad. But it sure as heck wasn't popcorn. Hubby makes a killer batch and as time goes on, it is one of the few things I'm starting to crave.

As a side note - I cannot believe how much water I've been drinking since I started the detox. I am constantly thirsty! And therefore, constantly going pee! I should've bought stock in Charmin before I started this thing.



Jan 16th - up a pound. And woke up at 4:55, before my alarm. I know, I know...why not go to bed later so I will sleep until my alarm goes off? 1- I'm EXHAUSTED by around 10:00 and can barely read one page of my book as it is and 2 - there's some real merrit to waking up when your body is good and ready. NOT to the jolt of an alarm clock.

Breakfast and lunch were nothing new - except for the mold on the hockey pucks. I wasn't too sad when I tossed them as I don't think I could've eaten any more of that anyway.

I ran out the door after work, straight to my son's wresting match (he won!), then to COSTCO, then to Marlene's. By the time I got home I was really hungry so sucked down my smoothie while making dinner. I had grabbed a big bag of mixed greens at COSTCO but as I read the recipe, I was supposed to use only spinach. I spent 5 minutes separating the mixed greens, chard & kale from the spinach, then continued making the "mash" which consists of potatoes, cauliflower, wilted spinach and some spices. It wasn't bad. I added some Mrs. Dash and it improved the flavor quite a bit.

I also had to make a second batch of the crunchy salad for lunch for the next two days since I ate too many servings of it yesterday by mistake. On the first batch I used Brewer's yeast but my pal gave me some Nutritional yeast to try, stating that some say it has a cheesy flavor. Or really?! I stuck my finger in it and no sh&t! It really did! Sort of that sticky powdered cheese stuff on cheddar popcorn. I was really looking forward to having the salad tomorrow. Then I realized I added paprika instead of cayenne. I wonder how that's gonna taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment