Jan 13 - stupid scale can't make up its mind. Back up a pound. But the guide tells us this particular phase of the detox is not typically a weight loss week so I'm not too concerned. I started off with a Hot Pink smoothie for breakfast, whose name comes from the small amount of raw beets in it. That, added to a carrot, apple and the usual gobs of greens made this a VERY good smoothie indeed! I got to work and had a small helping of the porridge as a 'legal cheat'. Did I mention that lunch is a QUART of traditional green smoothie? I sloshed from meeting to meeting after downing that meal in addition to all the water and Chia tea I had already drank.
Dinner was a very mild but nice wild rice soup. I keep forgetting to mention that I've been unusually cold since I started the detox. I don't know if it's simply the fact that it also happens to be winter or because of my body adjusting. Regardless, the hot soup really hit the spot. I also thoroughly enjoyed another helping of the cabbage salad.
As far as detoxing goes, yesterday and today were pretty uneventful.
Jan 12 - the scale said I was down a pound which is a good way to start any morning. My cooking and meal swap plans with my detox partner fell apart last night so I had to do some baking and get to her place first thing so we wouldn't mess up each other's meals for the next several days. She gave me some millet porridge, no salt pumpkin bread, mellon & grapes and some soup. I gave her some cabbage salad and baked sweet potato. I think I came out ahead on this exchange! But everything looked great! I got back home and tried the porridge. It was slightly sweetened with coconut water and was quite enjoyable. Imagine cooked grains of white rice cut into thirds - the texture and size are very similar to this concoction. I'd never even heard of millet before and can't recall ever having a porridge. Bonus! I'm getting a culinary education in conjunction with the detox!
Lunch was a traditional green smoothie and some 'hockey pucks'. These are a baked item made of apple, carrot, oats and whatnot. They smell like pumpkin pie but the consistancy is tacky and soft and mushy. I don't care for them much but they're not completely disgusting. And you gotta love the name!
We had a rare opportunity to eat as a family so I decided to try a new recipe out on them too. They got honey-cranberry sauce glazed salmon, rice and salad. They said the salmon was good but I'll have to take their word for it. I spread some coconut oil on my sweet potato and drizzled the vinegarette-style dressing on my cabbage salad. OMG! The potato was AMAZING! I felt like I was eating a Mounds bar and guilty for cheating. I gave hubby a bite and he just about armwrestled me for the rest of it. Instant hit! I devoured the salad too. Mmmmm! I think I just might make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment