Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day #21 & #20 Summary

Jan 10th - to be honest, I spent most of Friday sulking. I woke up again feeling very alert and ready to go. But when I jumped on the scale, it said I had somehow GAINED a pound. What?! Surely this thing is broken. So I stepped on the second scale and that piece of crap said the same thing. I was totally deflated and confused...how on earth can I have eaten so few calories, worked out hard, drank so much water and Chia pet tea and still gained a pound? I had to convince myself repeatedly that I'm not doing this as a weight loss program - I'm cleaning out my temple. Apparently I've got some heavy metals and other things still trying to work their way out!

My breakfast smoothie was quite good with the addition of a banana. I never thought I'd be so excited about a piece of fruit! I got to work and had a cup of Chia tea, had my second green smoothie with banana for lunch, a big serving of steamed/pureed cauliflower and the 3rd smoothie for dinner.

Around 7:00 I was very ansty and fidgety. Daughter would usually be watching something of interest on TV but she was out of town. Son would often be playing some action-packed video game but he had fallen asleep early and hubby was listening to his new police scanner. So what do ladies do when we can't figure out what else to do? That's right - we go shopping. I really DID need to shop for the next several days' worth of supplies. Who knew that Friday eve was such a popular time to shop?!?! The lot was PACKED! I got all but Brewer's yeast and sprouted sunflower seeds at Fred Meyer and then decided to head to Marlene's. Darn it! They had already closed by the time I got there. I got back home, the boys right where I left them and was pretty tired by that point. Read for a bit and zonked out.

Jan 11th - woke up around 6:00, gingerly stepped on the scale and had lost yesterday's pound. Yay! And I enjoyed my smoothie even more since I got to add not only a banana but an apple too! Followed that with Chia tea and began prepping as much of my next few meals as I could. My friend and I each had 3 recipes to make. Within an hour I had the Vitamix, food processor, measuring cups and beet juice all over the place! We were leaving at 9:30 to play soccer and then on to our local bar to watch the Seahawks game. I knew I wouldn't have time to go back to Marlene's after that so decided to go there before soccer. The timing worked out well and I got my heartrate up while running around with everyone on the soccer field. I had about a 5 minute spell of being light-headed during our game but it passed.

I drank my lunch on our way from soccer to the bar around noon. As soon as the free chips and salsa got put on our table I ordered a side of celery & a big glass of ice water with lemon. Who does that at a Mexican bar?! The buckets of Coronas soon lined our table and our 5 friends enjoyed them all. Honestly, it wasn't as hard to stay out of the chips & beer as I thought it would be. But then the hotwings came and got set right in front of me because there wasn't room anywhere else. OMG! They smelled especially spicy and delcious. I moved a bucket of beers in front of me and put the wings out of reach. Whew! That was close!

We stayed at the bar FAR longer than I ever anticipated and by around 6 I was getting a bit dizzy and cranky! By the time I got home around 7 I was very ready for my dinner smoothie and enjoyed a bit of naked baked potato on the side. It's amazing how quickly your body starts to absorb nutrients. Within 5 minutes I was feeling much better. I baked the last recipe for the start of the next phase of the detox tomorrow. I might actually miss the smoothie though, which is getting replaced with millet porridge. I don't know what millet or porridge taste like so am very curious. If it's as good as the oatmeal, I'll be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment